Thursday, July 16, 2009

Welcome!

I enjoy blogging, and decided to set up a blog to track my progress in building a stockpile of groceries and other household items over the course of one year. I hope it serves as an educational tool for those who want to cut their grocery budgets, so they can see just how little can be spent over a years time to build up a large pantry of groceries, household items,health and beauty items, etc .

To be fair, I do have some items already stocked up, but for the purposes of this blog, we will consider that I am starting out with nothing in the pantry, hall closet, freezer, etc.

I will track the out of pocket costs that I spend on these items, i.e., actual cash out of pocket, after using coupons. I will also track the number of items that are bought. I will use an Excel spreadsheet for this, which I hope to figure out how to upload to Google Spreadsheets for everyone to follow.

Since a stockpile will grow (when items are bought) and contract (when items are used), this blog will follow when items are bought, to make things a little easier to follow.

Thanks for following my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment