Friday, July 17, 2009

Cake Mix and Frozen Potatoes

There is a Food Lion down the street from me, and while I go there because it's close, I don't like to use it for my main shopping - they don't take competitor coupons, they don't double, they won't take a store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon on the same item, etc. - very restrictive coupon policy. But they do have internet printable coupons that they send via email when their circular changes on Wednesdays. You can sign up to receive this emails HERE. They are known in the land of coupons as FLIPs (Food Lion Internet Printables). Occasionally they will come up with some coupons that can make an item free or cheap, either on their own at Food Lion, or by taking it to a store that takes competitor coupons (in my case, I take them to Publix).

Most FLIPs have the wording "Limit one use per purchase, of specified product, per transaction, per person, per day", so if it's a good coupon, I try to recruit my husband and my son to go and get the item on a daily basis, as well as myself.
So a couple of weeks back, Food Lion had FLIP for $1.00 off Duncan Hines Cake Mix. There was no size restrictions, and Food Lion happens to carry the small box of cake mix for $1.00. So free cake mix! My son got one yesterday and I got one.
Another FLIP is $1.00 off anything that qualifies for a Guiding Stars rating. Food Lion brand frozen potatoes qualified and also were on sale for $1.88, so after coupon that's $.88 per bag. There are a lot of things that qualify for Guiding Stars that are $1.00-$1.99, so that makes for a lot of free stuff.
Total for yesterday:
$2.00 cake mix (2 trips)
$1.88 FL Brand frozen potatoes
-2.00 Duncan Hines FLIPS
-1.00 Guiding Stars FLIP
------
$.88 total Out of Pocket
I've also figured out how to upload my spreadsheet to Google Docs, and have put the link at the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment