Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cake mix and lots of school supplies

I bought another box of cake mix, and with the FLIP it was free.

I also went to CVS, as they are having an awesome stock up sale on school supplies. You need a CVS Extra Care card to take advantage of these deals. You can apply to get one at the store or online. On certain deals, using the Extra Care card produces Extra Care Bucks (also known in the land of coupons as ECBs)...a lot of times these ECBs can make an item free after Extra Care Bucks (FAECB). The ECBs are like a CVS store coupon and can be used on future purchases. There's a lot more about the CVS Extra Care card program so for further reading I would suggest Hot Coupon World's CVS forums HERE.

So, onto my school supply purchases. In real life, I did pay for these with previous ECBs that I had earned on previous deals, but for the purposes of this blog, we'll assume that this was paid with cash out of pocket. All of these items are FAECB for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, but I will not count the ECBs that they earned against the total out of pocket cost, since the ECBs will be used on future purchases (like the school supplies in next week's ad. LOL)

4.00 - 150 sht notebook filler paper @ $2 each
1.98 - Papermate 1.2 pens, 10 ct @ $0.98 each
3.98 - CVS pencils, 24 ct @ $1.99 each
3.00 - 1 inch vinyl binder @$3.00 each
-----
12.96 (not including sales tax)

NOTE: CVS sales run Sunday through Saturday, so I go to the local 24 hr CVS at midnight when the registers rollover with the new ad, so technically I bought the cake mix on Saturday and the CVS school supplies on Sunday.

Total Out of Pocket to date: $13.84
Total number of items purchased: 11


No comments:

Post a Comment